my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Something interesting to do

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something interesting to do
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 26, 2002 22:04     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you have the capability try this: record "The Lost Machine"s main riff on a 4 trk, 8 trk or whatever you have and then play it backwards.
 |  IP: Logged
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 27, 2002 01:15     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, the riff is exactly the same backwards as it is forwards.
Actually youre along the right track with the "reverse" idea. I just found it odd that it was exactly the same backwards. Wonder if Piggy meant to do that.

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: Imran X ]

AllMan
VoivodFan
Member # 25

posted April 27, 2002 12:24     Profile for AllMan   Email AllMan     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats a whacked out idea Imran! I never heard it but it sounds...err whacked! How do you have the technology to play stuff backwards?
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted April 27, 2002 12:40     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Allman, its very easy actually. Just send a chord from the headphone jack of your stereo system (CD player) into a track input on a 4 trk (track 1 of the 4 trk) and record it and then when you have the riff that you want to hear backwards stop it, take the tape out and flip it over and play the other side while turning trk 4 (of the 4 trk or your 8 trk or whatever the case may be) up. This way you will hear what you have recorded (on trk 1) being played on trk 4 but backwards.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan