my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » who in your close neigbourhood knows Voivod

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who in your close neigbourhood knows Voivod
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 21, 2002 16:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there, i was wondering wich people in your neighbourhood likes or even knows Voivod? For example all of my friends and parents know i am addicted to Voivod and my girlfriend knows what song must be played at my funeral (Astronomy Domine !!) but there is no one that has just one cd and most of them never even heard them....

I have the feeling that i am an aloner but i am glad i have all you guys and galls to chat a littlebit about Voivod. Are you in the same position or what??

paul

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 21, 2002 16:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Noitall are you online or what?
It is now sundayevening 10 o'clock and i will be going to bed early cos i gotta work tomorrow. My wife like Angel Rat and my sons who are Mille 4,5 years old and Giyan 2 years old bang there heads on Clouds in my house for laughs. But when i play Killing Technology they start screaming all 3 of them. I wore Voivod t-shirts at birth of both of them..

Paul

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 21, 2002 21:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I turn 2 work mates on to Voivod. Both of them really enjoy The outer Limits & Angel Rat, but have a harder time when I bring in the rest of the catalog. They also both like the Union Made demo cd I play a lot. I always try to get people into different music they haven't been exposed to.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 01, 2003 15:32     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of my friends like 'em. Some of 'em even have some of their albums. My family don't like 'em. But they know I'm obsessed.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 01, 2003 15:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally' met a few other people since this thread. Shit even one guy at the coffee-shop up the road, i mentioned voivod, he said he heard it. That was amazing enough, i told him i was going to make him a small mix of some of my fav's.
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted April 01, 2003 15:44     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a few mates that know Voivod. Some only know Voivod from War and Pain and Rooaarr. When I let them listen to The Outer Limits, they just couldn't believe that it was the same band. One friend even has Dimension Hatross on vinyl. But he never listens to it, shame really.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 01, 2003 15:55     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only my friends, because I talk about them quite a lot.
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted April 01, 2003 15:55     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most people here don't listen to anything like Voivod. I have a circle of friends that are around my age that definitely remember the band from back in the Hatross days. We are all in our mid to late 30's and that's about the only folks I know of locally that listen to them. I'm sure there are some younger deviants around that probably do also. This neighborhood in particular is not the place to be if you are looking for anything Vod-related. That is, of course, if you don't show up at my place which is loaded.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 02, 2003 03:40     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All my friends know I'm addicted to VV, and some of them have also become more or less addicted after listening to Phobos!! The older discs are harder to listen in their opinion, it's Snake's voice that makes it "too weird" for them. But most of them are willing to listen to the s/t, so I guess they'll be fully converted soon after they get used to the serpent man's style.

There's a weekly metal show at one of the national radio channels, and the guy doing it always remembers to play some VV when a new album is out, so I guess all the people who follow his show have at least heard of Voivod.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 02, 2003 06:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It has come along way since last year,'at the start date of this thread, the new release is getting out to more people.

Good ressurected post, for some of the recent members to get into.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 02, 2003 08:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Absolutely nobody.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 02, 2003 11:20     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Absolutely nobody.

*An unfortunate and resounding echo heard from nothingface regarding his "neighborhood" as well as everyone else he knows.*

Even the guys in my band can't grasp it.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 02, 2003 12:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
The conclusion was that everyone likes 'the multiverse' from the new album cause it reminds us of 'brain scan'.

Ah? Actually, it reminds me of "Experiment".

And about this thread... Well not much people know Voivod around me. Except the drummer of my band, who used to own Vod CDs but sold them. He even had an Outer limits t-shirt. I'm gonna make him buy the new one, the bastard!

I live near Jonquiere (Voivod's native city) and nobody seems to remember them. Even the local medias hasn't talk of the new album. I went to buy the new CD last night; there was two copies of it (two!), and one of them was for me !!! I looked like an alien, tho, because everybody else were buying fucking Star Academy CDs. But the guys at the recordshop were nice, they were metal guys!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 02, 2003 12:56     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He Angelrat,

how'cum you dug up this old thread.

leuk idee trouwens maar heb je soms niets beters te doen of zo???

grrrzzzz. Paul

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 02, 2003 13:41     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, let's dig up some old threads! Fun for all the family!
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 02, 2003 14:11     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul:
... my sons who are Mille 4,5 years old and Giyan 2 years old ... I wore Voivod t-shirts at birth of both of them..

Yes! Classic mate.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 03, 2003 14:12     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
He Angelrat,

how'cum you dug up this old thread.

leuk idee trouwens maar heb je soms niets beters te doen of zo???

grrrzzzz. Paul

Just for fun. Many new members on this board since this thread started. I'm very sentimental. Emotionally disturbed also.

En...ik had nix beters te doen. Vakantie, weet je?

Cheers, AR

vodka
VoivodFan
Member # 249

posted April 03, 2003 15:57     Profile for vodka   Email vodka     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the place i work, there is a guy that knows voivod but he told me the new album wasn't as futurist/progressive/experimental as DH,NF,AR and OL...he told me he like it but prefered the old sound...tastes!...at least he knows and likes voivod
That as to be very rare here in Portugal

Nuno-Lisboon,Portugal.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 03, 2003 21:05     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I wore Voivod t-shirts at birth of both of them..l

How strange and ironic. Here's a photo of me and my son, Speed, on the day he was born (Sept. 24, Piggy's birthday):

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 03, 2003 21:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Pic NF!! Another VoiVodian in the making...
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 03, 2003 21:25     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Man that is so cool

Happy late congratz to you and the mom.
The look on your face tells the story for sure. (happy and shocked)

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted April 04, 2003 07:22     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very nice pic Nothingface!

Well almost all the people I know knows that there's a band called Voivod, many of them listened to some of their songs and I converted 3 of them to fans, also all my mates of my basketball team knows the name of the band because of my shirts.

I remember many years ago that I made the decoration of a cake in the shape of the roar logo, and I was planning to let my mother to made me a sweater with a Voivod logo on it but then I skip it beacause the resolution of the work didn't looked good for my tastes...

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 04, 2003 09:08     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking great Nothingface.....

i'll digitize the foto's i got of it and
put them down here.....

have a nice weekend

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan