my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » HOCKEY! (again) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: HOCKEY! (again)
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 19, 2002 11:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congradulations all Montreal Fans!
From www.nhl.com :

Audette's trick lifts Canadiens!
Donald Audette had three goals and Saku Koivu assisted on two of them as they emerged from a season spent mostly on the sidelines to help beat the top-seeded Boston Bruins 5-2 Thursday night.

The Dallas Stars are fools for loosing that guy!

Anyways...GO NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!!

|  IP: Logged
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted April 20, 2002 18:14     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Montreal and Vancouver, eh?

Nope, my Friend...

For the sake of my Friend Vince with the Band Death & Taxe$...its gonna be HIS Team Los Angeles vs MY Team New Jersey Devils!
The rest of you just have to suffer.

Its good to see that there are now 2 Hockey Fans here! I thought for sure that Noitall would be a Montreal Fan.

GO DEVILS!!!
(If we loose again...we are done.)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 20, 2002 18:22     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys are livin' in a dream world. The Winnipeg Jets are gonna win the Stanley Cup this year! What do ya mean "Who's Dale Hawerchuck?"
Go Jets!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 23, 2002 08:39     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True enough! Carlyle is now head coach of our AHL team the Manitoba Moose. They're the Canucks farm team. We lost to Bridgeport on Sunday and are now out of the playoffs.
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 02, 2002 18:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Time to bring this Topic up again & force it down all your throats!

Congradulations to what looks like a Canadian Team Representin da EAST in the Stanley Cup!
True...this is only the 2nd Round of Playoffs...but there are 3 Canadian teams and 1 American that won the East.
Carolina? I hope they get theyre ASSES KICKED! (I'm an angry NJ Devils fan).

...And to any BOSTON BRUINS fans....HAHAHAHA!!!! PPPGGGHHHUUUGGGHHHTTT!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope its MONTREAL in da CUP! Why?...well...because Montreal is VOIVOD City, thats why!
I feel like i'm cheerin for VOIVOD if i cheer for Montreal.
Untill next year, that is. Then NJ will kick VOIVOD's...err...Montreal's ass!

WEST-side NHL?...GO San Jose Sharks!!!

That is all. You may respond now.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 02, 2002 19:32     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Go ahead, shoot me now but I hate hockey! Although I love the Hanson Brothers .

....I'm still rooting for my Giants (you know baseball)

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 02, 2002 19:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HA! You're not the only one. In fact someone had to tell me what all that yelling in the street was after the Canadians had some win the other day or something like that. I'd rather watch a bike race. I can't wait for this year's Tour de France.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 03, 2002 07:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's good to see Saku back in action and doing well! I'm looking through Finnish lenses so I'm hoping that the finalists would be San Jose & Montreal. Why? Well, Teemu Selänne (yes, there are umlauts in his surname, Noitall ) is over 30 but hasn't won anything yet because of his many years in the Mighty Dicks, and I think he deserves some success before he's too old. Saku on the other hand hasn't had too many full seasons because of many bad injuries, and this is his chance to show his true skills. I just hope he won't get hurt again.

...which brings to mind another question, why are there so many bad injuries nowadays in NHL? I mean, look at Lindros or Kariya for example! Don't NHL players have any respect for their opponents? If you look at the injury stats of, say, 1980-81 season, there's a difference to those of 2001-2002. Not much respect for the most skilled players nowadays. And what's the business with booing to "Oh Canada" or when an injured player finally gets up from the ice? (Gary Roberts, last Sunday's Toronto at Islanders game) Strange behaviour!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 03, 2002 08:03     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hockey is a MANS Sport. I like it when a Fight breaks out into a Hockey Game!

Baseball? HA! Lets just stand-around & kick some dirt all Day. (Sorry Hypergrrl).

Tour de France? GO LANCE ARMSTRONG!
Have you heard this guys story Noitall?
Incredible! From TEXAS to winning the Tour de France!

England Football? I dont know much about it.
Guess i'll cheer for the Liverpool Team...since i dont know any better.
H...maybe you can steer me in the right direction?
World-Cup Football? NEW ZEALAND BABY!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 03, 2002 12:39     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Football I will watch if it's on (that's soccer) mostly a reflex from having two brothers who watched/played it endlessly.

And yeah I noticed Lance Armstrong in the Tour Kula, he's that guy who wears yellow a lot.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 03, 2002 13:50     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Noitall...Just for you:
http://www.lancearmstrong.com/

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted May 03, 2002 21:19     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey warcorpse, I share your feelings towards sports in general. I'd rather curl up on the couch and be entertained by/with a good lady, Voivod C.D., and/or book rather than watch anything sports related. As far as NHL hockey goes, I watch the occasional Canuckleheads game and also follow them if they manage to not screw up too much and make it to the Stanley Cup playoffs. Now that they are toast, my money is on Montreal - the Habs. Go Habs, go!!! I don't know if I should admit this or not, but I am a big WWF wrestling fan! Sure the wrestling terminology, scripts, stories and/or whatever has a tendancy to be extremely retarded but, I'm somehow attracted to it anyways! I wonder if Noitall likes to watch wrestling?
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 03, 2002 21:30     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Indio if you check my profile you'll see I list Mexican Wrestling as one of my interests. That wrestling in New Westminster (BC) is pretty funny too -- anyone remember Stampede Wrestling?
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 04, 2002 08:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
Hockey is a MANS Sport. I like it when a Fight breaks out into a Hockey Game!

lol! Sure, nothing wrong with fights I guess. What I was after was the increasing number of SERIOUS injuries caused by intentional attempts of harming the opponent. By serious I mean the kind of injuries that can end a season or even a whole career. A few years ago (in Finland) one player was paralyzed from neck to toes for life, and the guy responsible for this didn't even apologize. That's not too good promotion for hockey!
Fighting is another thing, because as far as I know no-one has ever been badly injured in a hockey fight. And a good fight can sometimes clear the air a bit, so to speak, and players can vent their aggression without doing anything with more serious consequences.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 04, 2002 17:56     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LISTEN Folks!

If you DONT cheer for MONTREAL in HOCKEY...this year...then you are not cheering for VOIVOD!

Well...that is...unless Voivod dont like Hockey. I cant imagine that being the case though.

BLACKY!!! HELP!!!
Question: Do you & the guys like or watch Montreal Hockey?

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted May 05, 2002 14:15     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no!
hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 05, 2002 14:18     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
no!

HA! See, I told you hockey sucks!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 05, 2002 14:18     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lolololololol
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 05, 2002 16:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not much for sports either. I will watch some football(the American version).

Oh, now, if I really want some excitement then I try to catch championship bowling when it comes on. Golf is another fav. You know just for the thrill factor.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2002 07:38     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
((((( )))))

I CANT BELIEVE YOU PEOPLE DONT LIKE SPORTS!

ESPECIALLY HOCKEY!

What kind of French-Canadians ARE YOU???

HELL!...I'll just go cheer for MONTREAL all by myself then!

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: King Kula Shaker ]

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2002 09:52     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula Shaker:
What kind of French-Canadians ARE YOU???

Ok, I had a smart ass remark for this one, but then I realised you must be talking to Noitall and Blacky on this one.

But King Kula, I do have a question for you? What kind of red-blooded American are you that you don't like a good ole 'stand-around & kick some dirt all Day' baseball game? Answer me that....and feel free to be as smart-ass as you wanna be .

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted May 06, 2002 10:05     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol! You guys crack me up. I don't think there's any law in Quebec that says you 'have' to watch hockey, although there's probably some law about how you must participate in any post-game riots.

Btw basketball was invented in Canada. Mini-golf too. Ok, I'm lying about mini-golf. That was invented by Scottish gnomes.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2002 10:16     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl...Yes, that was MOSTLY meant for Noitall & Blacky...and anyone else who lives in MONTREAL, Speaks French, and DOESNT support theyre own Team...against all us English Bastards!

Now...About Baseball.
IF i were to cheer for a Team in the EXCITING, RIVETING, BLOODY, and HARD-HITTING "Game" of Baseball...That Team would be...

MONTREAL EXPOS!

No, Hypergrrl...I dont like Baseball, Hotdogs, Apple Pie, Cadillacs, Guns, Fireworks, Trucks, and Mom.
I'm only kidding. Of course i like Mom!
Guess i'm a DIRTY, ROTTEN COMMUNIST BASTARD then. Hahaha!

OOPS!....Dont tell Mezcalhead that.

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 06, 2002 14:37     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's see...a hockey-loving, baseball hatin' Communist and a bowling alley, golfball chasin' thrill seeking maniac....hmmm, and you two have been fighting over me?

I've got my work cut out for me!

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted May 06, 2002 15:02     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hypergrrl...

Its ME! ME!....I'M the one you want!
I'll take you to any Baseball Game you want to go to! I'll buy you Hot Dogs & Apple Pie slices for Dessert! I'll pick you up in my Pick-up Truck & we can go watch Fireworks!
ME1 ME! I'M the NICE one!

You dont want Mezcalhead, because all he does is go outside DRUNK on Jack Daniels...and Curse & Shoot his Guns all night long.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan